ABA Tour postponed for 2020
The Australian Bodyboarding Association has elected to suspend the ABA Pro Tour for 2020, with no specific tour events scheduled to run this calendar year.
The Australian Bodyboarding Association is a non-profit organisation run predominantly by volunteers, and the organisers have decided to take a year off to recharge, restructure & renegotiate for a better competitive platform in 2021.
The financial viability of running a tour across such a large nation has always been a challenge for our business. The ABA has always budgeted to break-even, with all if any surplus revenue going directly back into improving the sport through a number of coaching & development concepts.
This decision was not made lightly & took into the account what the ABA’s mission statement has always been – to create pathways for success through competitive bodyboarding & developing relationships through the grassroots sector.
The Board of Directors will spend the immediate future working hard to redevelop a system that continues to work with Club & State Delegates as well as Surfing Australia & it’s State Shareholders.
The Australian Bodyboarding Association would like to thank all of its staff, sponsors, partners and most notably the riders who have all supported us since our beginning in 2014.
It is important to note our achievements up until now…
- Created & developed one of the best domestic tours in the world, with several World Tour Riders competing annually.
- Hosted Pro Tour Events in some of the best waves locations in QLD, NSW, South Australia & West Oz.
- Crowned Australian Champions in Men’s, Women’s, Master’s, Junior’s and DK Divisions.
- Supported & developed such specialty events as the Big Wave Awards & Bodyboarder Of The Year Awards.
- Provided pathways for success to Club & State Division Holders via Wild Card Entries.
- Designed, produced & hosted live streaming for a number of our events – free to air.
- Employed specifically bodyboarders as designers, producers, photographers, film makers, judges, work crew and officials in order to keep money within our industry.
The Australian Bodyboarding Association would like to wish all our supporters the best for 2020 and hope to have further announcements on the ABA’s activities in the coming months.
ABA Board of Directors
For any media or sponsorship enquiries – email firstname.lastname@example.org